after a lot of waffling on what pattern I wanted to do next, and really wanting to order the Oliver + S sailboat pattern (which I still want to get badly, just want to wait till we are out of this crazy financial month to spend over 20$ on a pattern):
the top (not my creation, just an example of the awesome pattern)
I found this sweet pattern on Etsy and decided it was the perfect thing to get since I can mass produce them for both girls, and they can go with just about anything.
so…..here is my first shirt. the pattern itself is super easy to follow since it is a PDF with detailed photo instructions, and good pattern pieces.
I love the ruffled collar. it would be fun to do another ruffle along the bottom edge of the shirt too. all of my problems stemmed from my sewing machine, as it failed to do the tasks along the way.
I was losing my mind in frustration after I spent time carefully cutting my pattern pieces and over pinning everything because of the way my machine yanks the layers of fabric away from one another. tension issues and ripping and re ripping of seams abounded. once I was finally done and got one buttonhole partly done, the buttonhole function stopped working right, so I manually finished one hole and quit. a kind friend brought me her machine and I used the old kenmore to finish my buttonholes.
yes, the shirt is hanging from the arm of my aloe plant. this cute fabric has been laying around for a while. I got a yard of it on sale a while ago and saved it for something sweet for Clover.
I did the 3t size, but it is so loose on Clover that I think I will do the 2t next time. If she grows out of it semi-quickly it will just get handed down to Violet anyway. The pattern goes all the way from 12months to I think 8t, so we are set!