this project is a mixed bag for me….
first off, I love the look of these little pants. I’ve been dying to make them for a while now and just adore the front.
but…..everyone’s always got a big “but”
that’s the catch. the back rise of these little guys seem to be extra short and don’t fit Clover properly. that, combined with her excessive skinniness, which forces me to maker her pants elastic extra short and savagely gathering her waistband, has made them look kind of….wrong in the back. I’m going to wash them to sort of break them in a little and then try again.
the upside is that instead of using some of my Bolt fabric to make the bulk of the pants, I actually harvested some nice Gap trousers from the thrift store and used the fabric. it has a very nice, sturdy feel to it – almost like denim. it is charcoal gray with pinstripes. the balloon contrast fabric IS some precious Bolt stuff though. my initial trepidation was because I altered the pattern from being cropped summer pants to full length (ok, maybe TOO much length now o_0 ) winter pants. and I didn’t want to mess up any of the good stuff if I was going to go experimenting
we will sit on this one for a while and see how I feel after they have been washed and worn a bit. it’s been a rough week here…..it may not all be as bad as I think it is. and if I could get Clover to cooperate with me for two seconds so I could inspect the fit and take a picture, maybe I would ask for second opinions. until then I will be accepting polite and upbeat, if ill informed, comments. lol. sigh.
oh, and I did manage to figure out how to wrangle buttonholes from my Pfaff. I was nervous about that because I have no manual for the thing, no feet besides the zig zag foot, and only part of a working brain. they are by no means “pretty”, but they will work.