for some reason I have been using this….thing as a pincushion since I fired up my first sewing project
it wasn’t ever meant to be one, but took on the purpose when I finished making it. this cube was actually the trial run for my companion cube, which as it turns out, is the first sewing project in my facebook photo album of things I’ve made
I used some of the light gray material to test making a cube shape before I did it with the bigger one. it was all handsewn and took forever, and mistakes were to be hopefully kept to a minimum (ha….hahahaha…..HAHAAHAHA)
fastforward to today, when it finally shamed me enough looking at that thing, and I made a real pincushion.
I couldn’t decide between the Sarah Jane balloons or the Valori Wells wrenly, so I used both
that diaper pin is my “bodkin”…classy, I know.
the old wife gazes sadly at her new replacement, and wonders what life has in store for her…gosh, I never even took the time to sew up the turning opening. the worst part about it was that it was very soft and very small, which meant that anytime I mistakenly squeezed it, I would get a handful of pins. I literally stood yelling in horror at my hand one night when I raised it up and saw several pins sticking out of my palm. Sometimes I would stuff a needle in there and it would float into the center, not to be found until it lodged itself into my finger and was pulled out to daylight.